Ode to a Piano Song (7/17)
Let's get out of my head, and play a song,
I said.
And then I stood,
And my fingers hovered over the keys,
And I chose a piece that I knew quite well;
Because it had a gentle, rocking, lullaby-like rhythm,
And a moaning, bitter-sweet tone,
And I knew that it would take me, like the rapture,
To another place.
I played it once, and felt the melancholy voice inside my chest
Singing along.
But I was still there,
And the metaphors carried by the high notes, and the minor notes, and the quick little skipping notes in the middle,
Played right into my thoughts, and my dreams, and my day -
So I played it again.
And my heart sang along with the happy middle,
And cried with the sorrowful end,
But I was still there.
And my thoughts were clearer and louder,
And the day ahead looked shorter, and closer,
So I played it again,
And I played it again,
And I played it again.
I said.
And then I stood,
And my fingers hovered over the keys,
And I chose a piece that I knew quite well;
Because it had a gentle, rocking, lullaby-like rhythm,
And a moaning, bitter-sweet tone,
And I knew that it would take me, like the rapture,
To another place.
I played it once, and felt the melancholy voice inside my chest
Singing along.
But I was still there,
And the metaphors carried by the high notes, and the minor notes, and the quick little skipping notes in the middle,
Played right into my thoughts, and my dreams, and my day -
So I played it again.
And my heart sang along with the happy middle,
And cried with the sorrowful end,
But I was still there.
And my thoughts were clearer and louder,
And the day ahead looked shorter, and closer,
So I played it again,
And I played it again,
And I played it again.
Comments
Post a Comment